Connected to earth or to some conducting body that serves in place of the earth.
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionarygrounded (adjective)
mentally and emotionally stable admirably sensible, realistic, and unpretentious - remains grounded despite all the praise and attention
|Look up ground, grounding, or grounded in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Grounding or grounded may refer to:
- Ground (electricity), a common return path for electric current
- Grounding (punishment), restrictions placed on movement or privileges
- Grounding (metaphysics), a topic of wide philosophical interest.
- Grounding in communication, the collection of mutual knowledge, beliefs, and assumptions; "common ground"
- Intentional grounding, a rule violation in gridiron football
- Ship grounding, a type of marine accident
- Symbol grounding, a problem in cognition and artificial intelligence
- Earthing therapy, alternative health practice in which one remains in physical contact with the soil while also touching a device connected to electrical ground
- Grounded (comics), a comic book by Mark Sable for Image Comics
- "Superman: Grounded" a storyline in the Superman comic book, written by J. Michael Straczynski
- Grounding (film), 2006 film about the collapse of the airline Swissair
- Unaccompanied Minors, a 2006 Christmas film that was titled Grounded in the UK and Ireland
- "Grounded", a song by Lower Than Atlantis from World Record
- "Grounded", a song by My Vitriol
- "Grounded", a song by Soul Asylum from the 1990 album And the Horse They Rode in On
- "Grounding", an interdisciplinary performance project by artist Gita Hashemi